Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old December 15th, 2003, 09:34 PM   #1
frenchy

Problem with window

I have some problems with my driver side window. When you open the door, usually the window goes down a little bit (2-3 mm). Since this morning my driver side window does not go down when I pull the door handle (interior or exterior) but I can still raise and lower the window (using the window control button). When I pull the door handle, I can hear the "microswitch' click, then I hear the motor that kind of try to lower the window, but nothing move...

The problem is that the window "scrub" against the top frame when I open or close the door (actually it is kind of difficult to open/close now). I can deal with it by lowering the window (using my car key when I'm outside or the controll button when I'm inside) when I open the door but it is ennoying...

Any idea what is the problem?

How do you get access to the motor/sprokets that drive the window?

Jean
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 11:38 PM   #2
mark in sunnyvale

Had the same problem

You need to replace your window regulator. The part is about $250. You can try fixing it. The reason it won't retract when you try to open is that a plastic bushing (white in color) is cracked. This causes excessive play, so the motor can't retract.

My passenger side was replaced a year ago. I actually bought a driver side from ebay, waiting for the passenger side to break.

i can't help you with removing the side panels, but I do recall a website with the directions. Try a google search. Be careful if you have side airbags, you may trigger your air bag light.
mark in sunnyvale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 11:40 PM   #3
mark in sunnyvale

Jean,
Are you the guy with the Arena red boxster? I'm the guy with the white boxster.
-Mark
Old December 16th, 2003, 06:57 AM   #4
frenchy

Yes I am!

Jean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark in sunnyvale
Jean,
Are you the guy with the Arena red boxster? I'm the guy with the white boxster.
-Mark
frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 08:28 AM   #5
Tom M
Site Founder

Door Panel Removal Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark in sunnyvale
i can't help you with removing the side panels, but I do recall a website with the directions. Try a google search. Be careful if you have side airbags, you may trigger your air bag light.

Door Panel Removal Instructions
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:32 AM   #6
mark in sunnyvale

Jean,
It was nice to meet you. I remember that you mentioned your car is still under warranty. You may want to try giving the dealer a ring and asking if a window regulator replacement is a warranty item. If not, you can try getting TP to sell you his regulator=). I think he won a motor + regulator on ebay for the cost of shipping.
Old February 28th, 2022, 07:39 PM   #7
saruonhosarin39

Try a google search. Be careful if you have side airbags, you may trigger your air bag light.
tree removal
saruonhosarin39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2022, 01:28 AM   #8
Beauvais

Its an informative topic

I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy FOR MORE DETAILS.
Beauvais is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman