Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old July 18th, 2001, 06:24 PM   #1
Frank in CT

New speedster hump?

With the help of Jeff Lopez I was very successful in installing my "new equipment" speedster humps. I have two pieces left over. I belive the 3M tape goes around the roll bar as Jeff pointed out but I still have these black "knubs" left over. They appear to attach somewhere on the bottom of the humps to protect the paint. Any idea's?

TIA
Old July 18th, 2001, 06:50 PM   #2
Tool Pants

Ok humpsters - help out Frank

I was not able to figure out the black knubs as I have the orignial humps which do not have this part, and not the redesigned humps like Frank has. Do you also get a sheet of clear stickers that go on the roll bar and other places to protect the paint? What stickers go where and what is the size of each sticker?

I think Dave B, Bruce W, Jim S, and Danny C have the redesigned humps 986 504 994 01 G2X. (Please bring them with you to the next Babbler event so I can see what was changed).

P.S. Frank was one of the first to get the aftermarket humps sold by Tweeks, which he returned. I understand Tweeks no longer sells this product.

Jeff Lopez

Old July 19th, 2001, 12:32 AM   #3
Magic Mtn Dan

I have the complete installation instructions for the Humps

and I've e-mailed the .pdf files to Frank.

We've got more Humps available - they're genuine Porsche products (2nd generation Humps - they replaced the first generation which is no longer being made and sold by Porsche).

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman