Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 26th, 2006, 08:48 PM   #1
KNTJAFO

Boxster Rear Window

I noticed today that the rear window (plastic) of my 02 Boxster is tearing loose in the corner. Actually the thread is cutting through the plastic. Who on the list has had any experience with after market tops. Also can the 02 be upgraded to a glass rear window? Thanks for any info/help.
Kntjafo
29 Palms California
KNTJAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #2
Tom M
Site Founder

I don't have any experience with aftermarket tops but if yours is in generally good condition other than the window I'd only get the window replaced. A quality upholstery shop should be able to replace the plastic window using the same holes in the canvas so it will still look original.

It is also possible to upgrade to a glass window if one goes to an aftermarket solution as the OEM solution is too expensive to even consider IMNSHO. You can get a bit more info here. I've met people that have had this style installed and are very happy with it. I have no idea of the cost for having this work done so perhaps other will join in.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #3
KNTJAFO

Boxster Rear Window

Thanks Tom,
I'll explore all options. Great forum here. Having much fun with the Boxster. Is it OK to post a picture of teh Boxster with the Austin-Healey (Both roadsters)?
Butch (kntjafo)
KNTJAFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Tom M
Site Founder

Go right ahead and post them both. You can either do it as an attachment or a link to the image. Registered users also have the ability to create their only gallery by submitting them in the Babblers Photo Albums section of the Gallery.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman