Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 8th, 2001, 12:22 PM   #1
Catalog Guy

Rennlist Modified H&R Springs

Interesting point mentions that these springs only drop the car 3/4"
Andrew

http://www.rennsportsystems.com/~por...6-Boxster.html
Old September 8th, 2001, 02:43 PM   #2
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

I think they are just wrong...

They don't even properly describe the biggest performance advantages of lowering the car: more camber, lower CG, and less drag. I didn't think the folks with HR springs described them as "firmer" than the factory springs.
Old September 9th, 2001, 08:28 PM   #3
Double Yellow Dave

Thanks for the link, Andrew....

....I have e-mailed Rennsport for more info. as to what changes they have made to the H&R springs and what exactly are differences in ride and ride height from stock H&R's.
Old September 10th, 2001, 07:30 AM   #4
Kevin C. (Saratoga, CA)

They changed it!

Now it says that the H&R springs lower the car "about 1 inch".

I really don't think they are modifying the H&R springs. Here is how I read their statement:

"This is a simple, but very effective change [from the factory springs] to H&R springs that are compatible with the Factory shock valving. This will lower your 996 or Boxster about 1 inch."

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman