Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 24th, 2001, 05:53 AM   #1
Doug MacKenzie

Langka

I want to repair some chips in my Boxster's paint and got some Langka to help with the job. My car is Arena Red and the touch up paint is two part: base plus clear coat. I had been planning to put down the base coat in the chip, but not build up a bubble, then build the bubble with clear. I notice that Langka recommends mixing the base and the clear.

For those of you who use Langka and have two part touch up paint, did you do it separately or mix the two parts?

Doug
Old September 24th, 2001, 09:10 AM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Langka

I used only the base coat when I did mine (Black Metallic). The bigger issues seems to be to make sure you use a fabric with a fine enough weave. I originally used t-shirt material and quite a bit of the touch-up paint got pulled out. I believe that Langka now recommends something like bed sheet be used.
Old September 24th, 2001, 01:23 PM   #3
sharky

langka-fest Babbler event?

Hey, I have some Lanka and touch-up paint and need to get around to doing some repairs. Any interest in making a Babblers event out of this?
Old September 24th, 2001, 01:45 PM   #4
Terry

Re: langka-fest Babbler event?

I would be interested but I am not sure if it would workout because of the time required. Reading some of Lemmy's posts, the chipped area needs to be built up (paint shrinks while drying) in several layers, allowing each layer 1-2 days to dry.
Old September 24th, 2001, 04:39 PM   #5
RJ

good idea - perhaps part of a car-care day... *NM*

Old September 24th, 2001, 11:39 PM   #6
HP in SF

How about detail day at Brian's? *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman