Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old November 12th, 2002, 03:04 PM   #1
Rich Lamb

Advise on Langka

I just received a Langka "kit" for repairing paint chips and scratchs. I have two big chips in the hood that I will try to "repair". Do any of you have experience using this product? I am going to use it in the next week or so on my car and will follow the directions given, unless I hear of some other advise on using it.
Thanks.
Old November 12th, 2002, 03:36 PM   #2
Tom M (Sunol, CA)

Re: Advise on Langka

Be sure to use a tight weave cloth. Things like old t-shirts won't work. You'll need to commandeer some old bed sheets or something similar. It's also necessary to let the ouch-up paint set up pretty well. In this cooler weather you may need to wait a couple of hours. Even then you're likely to remove too much and need to go for a 2nd round. Especially if you have larger chips to fill. When you're all done you will need to polish up the patched area as the Langka does leave the touch-up in a non-polished state. Easily seen on a dark car.
Old November 16th, 2002, 02:42 PM   #3
Rich Lamb

Re: Advise on Langka

Tom,
Thanks for the tips. I'm waiting for the paint to dry now, so I'll soon see how well the product works. Unfortunately I didn't take a "before" picture, but it is two chips that are about 2mm in diameter. I think I'll take a few pictures through the process just to document it. Thanks again.
Rich

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman