Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old April 17th, 2006, 05:14 PM   #1
Rolando

Top with glass window for '98

I'm looking for a softtop with glass window for pre-02. I found very few places that sell them. I am also concerned if they work without problems.

SoftTopGuy in Los Angeles used to sell them but I got this response from him when I asked ...
..."I do not like to deal with those tops, they always have problems. I do not order them anymore. I only deal with the plastic window.
thank you
,..."

Does anybody has any experience with pre 02 glass window tops?
Where to get them in USA?

Thanks
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #2
BoxsterBob - San Carlos

GAHH makes a glass retrofit top for the pre-03. I think they had problems with the glass separating, but reportedly have fixed the defect. I had a new plastic window sewn in a while back and Iím very happy with it. The opening in the glass retrofit is much smaller than the original plastic window which would bug me. It looks much smaller than the í03+ factory glass as well. You may want to contact GAHH to find an installer near you.

http://www.gahh.com/product_info.php...oducts_id=1536
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #3
Tom M
Site Founder

You can give Premier Upholstery a try. They have a review in the Recommendations section and a link to their web site. Based on the quick look I just too k they still do glass windows.

I have no affiliation with them.
'11 958 Cayenne S
Tom M is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman