Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old September 11th, 2001, 11:22 PM   #1
Tool Pants

Time for some good news - Dan is moving to SoCal

As you know, the Babblers own Hidden Valley Stan, Panda Dan, Butterfly Dan, et al., and Denise are moving to SoCal this weekend.

We need to plan a secrete going away party for Friday. I propose lunch in Bella Mia in downtown San Jose or dinner at Jakes in Fremont. Does anyone have any other ideas? In any event, it looks like Friday will be the last day to do this.

Jeff
Old September 12th, 2001, 02:01 AM   #2
david in belfast

Well now Dan ..

As you know I intend coming over early next year I hope I still get the opportunity to meet yourself and many others.I'm sure you'll be missed in the SF area as I think you are a major driving force within the "Babblers".
As an out of "towner" you are moving to SOCAL- whereabouts?

I hope you have a safe transfer at the weekend and remember:-
Keep it between the hedges. (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1

Good luck,

David
Old September 12th, 2001, 11:11 AM   #3

Say it ain't so!

This weekend? Secret? hmm, good thing Dan doesn't read this board :->
I vote for dinner.
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:03 PM   #4
Hidden Valley Stan

Tis true - I got this e-mail from Dan...

Hi,

I know this will come as a surprise (shock?) to you and there's no easy way to break the news to you so I'll just come right out and tell you...

We (Denise and I) are moving to southern California. As you probably know, we're originally from down there and we moved up here about 18 months ago when I took a job here in Silicon Valley. We've been talking about moving back down there for a while now and we have a great opportunity that we're going to pursue.

Recently, we've had some business-related opportunities come our way. A couple were very interesting but one was just too good to pass up. So we're going to move ourselves and our business (D2 Performance) down to Los Angeles County.

It may seem like it's happening very quickly (and it is) but we've been talking about it for some weeks now. Things have accelerated faster than anticipated and we have to get going sooner than we expected. In fact, we'll only be here for about 6 more days (we're moving this coming weekend, September 15th or 16th).

We've really enjoyed ourselves here in the SF Bay Area. Thanks to you and the many other wonderful, terrific, and caring friends and acquaintances, we've had more fun than we ever thought possible. When I moved up here a year-and-a-half ago, I never dreamed that owning a Boxster would enable me/us to meet so many outstanding people. And being a co-founder with Tom Morris, of one of the greatest "car clubs" anywhere (the BABBLERS), was not something I ever could have imagined being involved in.

We are very excited about moving back down to the south. But we're very disappointed that we have to leave you behind. I am sad to share this news with you as I will miss you very much. But I'm confident that we'll still be able to communicate often (phone, e-mail and of course, via the BABBLERS Board!) and we'll get together as well both up here and down there.

Please keep the momentum that the BABBLERS has rolling. Please pitch in and get involved - it's a great group that needs wonderful people like you.

As for D2 Performance, we're getting older, larger and better. This is a great opportunity to grow our business and ultimately to better serve the worldwide Boxster community. In the short term we will probably have hiccups and problems since we're moving ourselves and the entire business five hours to the south. We apologize in advance for any problems and we ask for your patience and understanding as we try to pick up and relocate while taking care of our many customers.

Thanks again for your friendship and support. We will miss you and hope that we can stay in touch.

We wish you the best always,

-Dan & Densie

Dan Feinberg
D2 Performance
3397 Manchester Fremont, CA 94536
510-894-9400 510-797-4549 fax
www.D2Performance.com

You can see all of our 15 Boxster & Porsche-related photo albums by going to:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1174556
You can see all of our 15 Boxster & Porsche-related photo albums by going to: www.photopoint.com Click on "visit a friend's album" & enter my e-mail address: [email protected] and you'll see all of the great Porsche-related photo albums

"Magic Mtn Dan" on the BABBLERS Board - come to: www.BABBLERS.org
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:23 PM   #5
Magic Mtn Dan

Don't tell Robert or I'll be banned from SCBG

Looks like I'll be joining Joanne who has "dual citizenship" - she's a BABBLER and a SCBG'er - please don't call me THAT (smile)" WIDTH=15 HEIGHT=1
Old September 12th, 2001, 02:25 PM   #6
Tony in Whittier

I think that it is best that you use the "dual" moniker. Don't let anyone..

accuse you of going both ways. :')
Old September 12th, 2001, 03:43 PM   #7
Madam No Fear

Sniff, sniff So sad *NM*

Old September 12th, 2001, 08:38 PM   #8
Double Yellow Dave

Best of luck, Dan..."See " you on the Board and most likely on a few DE's.. *NM*

Old September 12th, 2001, 10:17 PM   #9
Joanne in OC

Glad you're going to join me, I don't like being a loner *NM*

Old September 13th, 2001, 12:43 AM   #10
Craig Oka

Welcome Dan Glad to have you in SoCal and hope to finally meet you. *NM*

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman