Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 24th, 2003, 12:12 PM   #1
DCT

CDR-220 AUX input: What am I doing wrong?

I hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. All I want to do is hook up my iPod to the AUX input on my CDR-220.

I have the parts from Becker. I've put together the cable with the C3 connector. I've plugged the C3 connector into the back of the head unit. The Becker instructions then say to:
"Turn radio ON Press and hold the (down arrow button) for about 8 seconds, until Becker 1 is displayed. Turn the Tuning Knob until AUX OFF is displayed. Press either button located directly under the Arrows on the display to change the present setting from OFF to ON. Turn radio OFF. Auxilliary Audio Input has now been activated."

Okay, so when I press and hold the down arrow button for 8 seconds I get "User 1" instead of "Becker 1". The problem is when I go through the settings available there is no AUX setting. I have: "USER, GAL, PHONE, DRIVER, LED, COUNTRY, END".

Is there something I've missed? Is this a defect in my radio? Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanks,

::darin
Old May 24th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #2
MichaelD

Instructions that came with my Becker Aux kit tell you how

I will copy as it shows on my instructions.

Turn Radio ON.
Press and hold the TP button for about 8 seconds until Sub Menu is displayed.
Press the button located directly under AUX on the display to change the present setting from OFF to ON.
Turn radio OFF
Auxilliary Audio Input has now been activated.

Good Luck!
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:42 PM   #3
DCT

Thanks! That's was it..

What's with the instructions I got with my kit being wrong? Sheesh. Who would have guessed that one little (wrong) picture could cause so much trouble.

Thanks,

::darin
Old November 24th, 2020, 01:10 AM   #4
Sopdener

The CDR-220 AUX has a substitute for the china Bluetooth AUX for the cars. You can use those if you are facing custom assignment help any issue in your recommended model AUX so there is an alternative available.
Sopdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2021, 12:52 AM   #5
alexpogi

very cool and helpful information! thanks for this! https://lawncarelexingtonky.com
alexpogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2021, 05:19 AM   #6
looneyhans

thanks for this! awesome site
fencers near me
looneyhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2021, 07:46 AM   #7
aisonwrnerxbg15

Who would have guessed that one little (wrong) picture could cause so much trouble.

- Lot Clearing
aisonwrnerxbg15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman