Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 30th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #1
dsulu

98 Boxster Flywheel

I am getting my 98 boxster clutch replaced right at this moment at an Independent Porsche shop. I got a call from the mechanic telling me that the flywheel also needs to be replaced. It looks visually "blue" & "uneven" and will be very hot when I drive.

Questions: In past the several months, when I drive on 1st and 2nd gear, I would feel very strong vibration and the transmission seems unstable. That would go away at the higher gear. Is this a sympton of a bad flywheel?

How would a worn clutch damage flywheel? Is it possible?

Any comments & suggestion is greatly appreciated!!!

DSulu
dsulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM   #2
Docdanracy

that is exactly what mine was doing when I had the clutch and flywheel replaced. Luckily it was years ago and it was done under warranty.
The flywheel is about $1500 all by itself.
Docdanracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2021, 02:53 AM   #3
mtom78632

sam

I always visit your blog and retrieve everything you post here but I never commented but today when I saw this post, I couldnít stop myself from commenting here. Fantastic article mate!
slot joker123

================================================== =====

I like this website itís a master piece! Glad I found this on google.

網頁設計
mtom78632 is offline   Reply With Quote

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman