Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 31st, 2005, 05:41 AM   #1
cease

Open/Close garage door with high beam stalk

Tired of the having your garage door opener clipped to your sun visor or don't want to add the garage door hack, check out this product: F2P Electronics . (I have no affiliation with this company). It's simple to install the sender/receiver modules. The sender connects to the passenger side headlight brown and white wires using suppled wire taps. I mounted mine in the front trunk under the liner; instructions say to mount it underneath the headlight assembly, lots more work and not necessary since it works fine inside the trunk, plus one does not need to add extra wire nor thread the wires through the rubber grommet in the fender. The receiver connects to your existing door opener module already mounted on your garage wall or can completely replace it. Now a couple of taps on the stalk and my garage door opens/closes. Works great.

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman