Porsche Babblers  

Go Back   Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum - Topics and discussions about the Porsche Boxster and Cayman

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:27 AM   #1
"Foosball" Brian Harrington (SJ,CA)

Need to sell Boxster

For a number of reasons, I am going to have to sell my Boxster. I can no longer afford the payment.

As you all know, it is METICULOUSLY maintained, with brand new S-03's, and comes with a hardtop.

On the private market, I'm willing to sell my second windstop with the etched glass BABBLERs logo and PCA sticker. If interested, please make an offer.

If you know of anyone looking for a quality newish Boxster S, which I will deliver cleaner than any human could imagine, please help me out.

I'm sorry that it has come to this.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:09 AM   #2
macsak

sorry to hear that brian

i know whomever gets it will get a well-loved and -maintained car

aloha

steve

ps- did you get the package?
Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:19 AM   #3
Chatter Box

Sorry, Brian.

I know if you are selling it then you have other concerns on your mind besides hanging out and driving around, etc. But I just want to say you'll be missed on our drives and we hope to see you around with or without the car. Good luck with everything and here's hoping you show up soon with a 2004 3.4L S!
Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:43 AM   #4
Danny

Sorry, Brian.

Hey Brian,
Sorry to hear that...man who else is going to "sport" my Babbler sticker? Haha Take care man
Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:57 AM   #5
Catalog Guy

Re: Need to sell Boxster

Brian,
So sorry to hear. But I like Scott's post: do what life requires and when the time is right it will work out for you. Please keep in touch with us and keep coming to events!

Andrew
Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:03 PM   #6
HP in SF

Sorry to hear about it Brian. I was in a similar situation not too long ago but pulled through on the job front and ended up keeping my box. It wasn't easy deciding to put the car on the market but I told myself there's always something newer and better on the horizon. I'm sure things will work out and you'll have the opportunity to become a boxster(or Porsche) owner again.

Keep in touch!
Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:28 PM   #7
Magic Mtn Dan

You'll miss it; it'll miss you but...

I hope you'll still be a BABBLER.

I'm thinking of selling mine too this summer because we want to buy a house. I love the car but I'm getting hungry for more power (a lot more). I'm looking forward to seeing the new C6 (Corvette) and the new Viper looks like a much better car too. There are so many great-looking cars to check out - there is always something else out there.

Some cars to watch for:

* New Mazda RX-8 with Wankel motor - gonna be a killer car
* BMW M5 with V-10 power (500HP!) coming in a year or two
* C6 Corvette coming two years from now
* New Viper coming this summer but first year is sold out which is a good thing
* Didja see the new FX Ferrari? Wow

And a lot more on the way...

Picture is of Mazda RX-8 (with small rear suicide doors)

Old May 3rd, 2002, 04:49 PM   #8
Chatter Box

I don't get it.

You mentioned thinking of selling it because you want a house. Then you talk about a few alternatives, most of which are a lot more expensive.

The RX8 will be nice, but it won't touch the Boxster S. The next gen RX7 which is around the corner will.

Speaking of alternatives, though, I have made this statement a few times regarding the Boxster S. Show me a cheaper mid-engined car with better acceleration and handling and I'll buy it. Next year's US Elise is just such a car. Performance is still unknown at this point, but it's promised to be at least as good as the European model is now. Of course, they're probably referring to the base Elise and not the Elise 111, the Sport 160, or the Sport 190. But once the car arrives and we get to see exactly what $38k USD will get us for what has been a magical Euro only Lotus, I could easily see myself "trading down" to a smaller payment and bigger fun.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 05:49 PM   #9
Tool Pants

Hang in there my speedgelb friend

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/pork8us/v...iew=t&.hires=t
Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:07 PM   #10
RJ

Add me to the list of people sorry to see it come to this.

I know you'll be off taking care of business, but do know that your presence will definitely be missed. Hopefully, we'll see you around at events/shows, etc.

No doubt about the meticulousness of your ride - I think it is kept cleaner than my dining room table!

RJ

Porsche Babblers > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Forum > Boxster / Cayman